School Assistants: Questions and answers for phase 2 School Assistants programme advertised September 2021.
What positions are available?
Education Assistants to assist with teaching & learning in classrooms General School Assistants to help with Infrastructure Maintenance, offer Psychosocial Support /Counselling and as Sports & Enrichment Assistants
How many positions are available?
Positions are available in all 9 provinces across South Africa. +- 197 000 Education Assistants (EAs) +- 95 000 General School Assistants (GSAs). In total 287 000 positions are available.
How long is the contract?
The contract is for 5 months (approximately 1 November 2021- 31 March 2022).
How much will I get per month?
The stipend will be R3827.44 per month minus the UIF contribution of R38 per month.
Who can apply?
Aged 18-35 (must not turn 36 before 31 March 2022 – except for LSEN schools where there is no age limit)
• Must live within walking distance from the location of the school
• Only one opportunity can be taken up per household
• Must not be employed, studying, or training (even part-time)
• Must NOT be receiving government grants (NSFAS, Funza Lushaka, other COVID grant/s)
• Cannot have a criminal record
• They must meet the criteria per job category